Andre Obenaus, PhD
Division of Biochemistry
School of Medicine
Loma Linda University
Loma Linda, CA 92350
Dr. Obenaus serves as the Director of the Non-Invasive Imaging Laboratory in the Radiation Biology Program at Loma Linda University. His laboratory is well known for its state-of-the-art equipment. His expertise is in the area of neuroimaging of disease, and the Noninvasive Imaging Laboratory has experience with a broad range of topics and models of disease including Alzhiemers and neurorepair using stem cells. He has been involved in teaching Biomedical Imaging and Radiation Biology, and he has supervised a number of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Yamaguchi, M., Jadhav, V., Obenaus, A., Colohan, A., Zhang, J.H. (2008) Matrix metalloproteinase inhibition attenuates brain edema in an in vivo model of surgically-induced brain injury. Neurosurgery. 61(5):10
- Tong KA, Ashwal S, Obenaus A, Nickerson JP, Kido D, Haacke EM. (2008) Susceptibility-Weighted MR Imaging: A Review of Clinical Applications in Children. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2008 Jan;29(1):9-17
- Rostek, C., Turner, E.L., Robbins, M., Rightnar, S., Xiao, W., Obenaus, A. and Harkness, T.A.A. (2008) Involvement of homologous recombination repair after proton-induced DNA damage. Mutagenesis Mar; 23:119-29
- Obenaus, A., Huang, L., Smith, A., Favre, C, Nelson, G. Kendall, E (2008) Magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy of the rat hippocampus 1 month after 56Fe Radiation. Rad Res. Feb; 169:149-61
- Sugawara, T., Wang, A., Jadhav, V., Tsubokawa, T., Obenaus, A., Zhang, J.H. (2008) Magnetic resonance imaging in the canine double-haemorrhage subarachnoid haemorrhage model. Acta Neurochir. Suppl 104:235-239.
- Rola, R., Fishman, K., Baure, J., Rosi, S., Lamborn, K.R., Obenaus, A., Nelson, G., Fike, J.R. (2008) Hippocampal neurogenesis and neuroinflammation after cranial irradiation with 56Fe. Rad Research 169:626-32
- Vlkolinsky, R., Krucker,T., Smith, A., Lamp, T., Nelson, G., Obenaus, A. (2008) Early effects of 56Fe radation on normal and lipopolysaccaride-inhibited synaptic plasticity in mouse hippocampus. Rad Res.
- Gridley, D.S., Obenaus, A., Bateman, T.A., Pecaut, M.J. (2008) Chronic changes in rat hematopoietic and other physiological systems after high-energy iron ion irradiation. Intl J Radiat Biol 84:5
- Willey, JS, Grilly, LG, Howard, SH, SA, Pecaut, MJ, Obenaus A, Gridley, DA, Nelson, GA and Bateman, TA (2008) The effects of 56Fe radiation on the architecture and structural properties of trabecular and cortical bone. Radiation Res 170:201-
- Jadhav, V., Sugawara, T., Zhang, J.H., Jacobson, P., Obenaus, A. (2008) Magnetic Resonance Imaging Detects and Predicts Early Brain Injury After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage In A Canine Experimental Model J. Neurotrauma 25:1099-106
- Jadhav, V., Solaroglu, I., Obenaus, A., Zhang, J.H.. (2007) Neuroprotection against Surgically Induced Brain Injury. Surgical Neurology 67:15-20
- Ashwal, S., Tone, B., Tian, H.R., Obenaus, A. (2007) Comparison of two neonatal ischemic injury models using magnetic resonance imaging. Peds Res. 61:9-14
- Prasuhn, D.E. Jr., Yeh, R.M., Obenaus, A., Manchester, M., Finn, M. G. (2007) Viral MRI Contrast Agents: Coordination of Gd by Native Virions and Attachment of Gd Complexes by Azide-Alkyne Cycloaddition, Chem. Commun, 2007, 1269 - 127
- Leung, F.W., Go, V.L.W., Scremin, O.U., Obenaus, A., Tuck, M.L., Golub, M.S., Eggena, P., Leung, J.W. (2007) Pilot studies to demonstrate that intestinal mucosal afferent nerves are functionally linked to visceral adipose tissue. Dig Dis
- Obenaus, A., Robbins, M., Blanco, G, Galloway, N., Snissarenko, E., Gillard, E., Lee, S., Currás-Collazo, M. (2007) Magnetic resonance imaging alterations in two rat models of mild neurotrauma, J. Neurotrauma 24:1147-60.
- Wang, R., Ashwal, S., Tone, B., Tian, H.R., Badaut, J., Rasmussen, A., Obenaus, A. (2007) Albumin reduces blood-brain permeability but does not alter infarct size in a rat model of neonatal stroke. Peds Res. 62(3):261-6
- Obenaus, A., Jacobs, R.E. (2007) Magnetic resonance imaging of functional anatomy: Use for small epilepsy models. Epilepsia 48 (Suppl. 4): 11-17.
- Belayev, L., Obenaus, A., Zhao, W., Saul, I., Busto, R., Wu,C., Vigdorchik, A., Lin, B., Ginsberg, M.D. (2007) Experimental intracerebral hematoma in the rat: Characterization by sequential magnetic resonance imaging, behavior, and histopath
- Vlkolinsky, R., Krucker,T., Smith, A., Lamp, T., Nelson, G., Obenaus, A. (2007) Effects of lipopolysaccharide on (56)Fe-particle radiation-induced impairment of synaptic plasticity in the mouse hippocampus. Radiat Res.
- Hathout, E., Sowers, L., Wang, R., Tan, A., Mace, J., Peverini, R., Chinnock, R., Obenaus, A. (2007) In vivo magnetic resonance imaging of vascularization in islet transplantation. Transpl Int. Sept 10; 20(12)
- Hou DJ, Tong KA, Ashwal S, Oyoyo U, Joo E, Shutter L, Obenaus A. (2007) Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging improves outcome prediction in adult traumatic brain injury. J Neurotrauma. 24(10):1558-69.
- Badaut, J., Ashwal, S., Tone, B., Regli, L., Tian, H.R., Obenaus, A. (2007) Temporal and Regional evolution of Aquaporin 4 expression and magnetic resonance imaging in a rat pup model of neonatal stroke. Peds Res. 62(3):248-54
- Matrick,J., Hahn,J., Obenaus,A., Zhang, J.H. (2006) Surgically induced brain injury in rats: effect of erythropoietin. J Neurosci Methods 158: 234–241
- Ashwal, S., Tone, B., Tian, H.R., Chong, S. , Obenaus, A. (2006) Serial magnetic resonance imaging in a rat pup filament stroke model. Exp Neurol 202:294-301
- Haacke, E.M., Cheng, N.Y.C., House, M.J., Liu, Q., Neelavalli, J., Ogg, R., Khan, A., Ayaz, M., Kirsch, W., Obenaus, A. (2005) Imaging iron stores in the brain using magnetic resonance imaging (A Review). Magnetic Resonance Imaging 23