LLU Teaching Resources
- LLU Digital Education:
- LLU Office of Educational Effectiveness:
- Instructions for Faculty Reports:
- LLU Assessment Guide:
- Sherbino J, Frank JR, Snell L. Defining the key roles and competencies of the clinician-educator of the 21st century: a national mixed-methods study. Acad Med. 2014 May;89(5):783-9. doi: 10.1097/ACM.0000000000000217. PMID:2466750
- Srinivasan M, Li ST, Meyers FJ, Pratt DD, Collins JB, Braddock C, Skeff KM, West DC, Henderson M, Hales RE, Hilty DM. "Teaching as a Competency": competencies for medical educators. Acad Med. 2011;86(10):1211-20. doi:10.1097/ACM.0b013e31822c5b9a. PMID:21869655
- Simpson D, Fincher R, Hafler J, Irby D, Richards B, Rosenfeld GC, Thomas R Viggiano TR: Advancing educators and education by defining the components and evidence associated with educational scholarship. Medical Education 2007: 2007; 41: 1002–1009.
- Reynolds RJ, Candler CS. MedEdPORTAL: educational scholarship for teaching. J Contin Educ Health Prof. 2008;28(2):91-4. doi: 10.1002/chp.163.
- Cooke, M, Irby DM, Sullivan W, Ludmerer KM. American Medical Education 100 Years after the Flexner Report. N Engl J Med 2006; 355:1339-1344September 28, 2006 DOI: 10.1056/NEJMra055445
- Epstein R. Assessment in Medical Education. N Engl J Med 2007;356:387-96.
- Loo L, Geslani V, Baz S, Tudtud-Hans L. The Professionalism Matrix: A Framework to Analyze Professional & Unprofessional Behaviors. MedEdPORTAL Publications; 2014. Available from: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/9961
- Hewson MG, Little ML. Giving Feedback in Medical Education: Verification of Recommended Techniques. J Gen Intern Med. 1998; 13(2): 111–116. doi: 10.1046/j.1525-1497.1998.00027.x PMCID: PMC1496906
“MedEdPORTAL Publications promotes educational scholarship and collaboration by facilitating the open exchange of peer-reviewed health education teaching and assessment resources. MedEdPORTAL Publications is a free publication service provided by the Association of American Medical Colleges in partnership with the American Dental Education Association. MedEdPORTAL Publications maintains a rigorous peer review process based on standards used in the scholarly publishing community.”
MedEdPORTAL is an excellent resource for faculty to access educational scholarship resources as well a venue for publishing medical education scholarly projects.
- AAMC Faculty Affairs Resources:
- AAMC Faculty Forward Publications and Resources:
- Wilkerson L, Irby DM. Strategies for improving teaching practices: a comprehensive approach to faculty development. Acad Med 1998; 73:387-396
- Steinart Y; Faculty Development in the new millennium: key challenges and future directions. Medical Teacher, 2000 22: 44-50
Twelve Tips: Medical Teacher series
- Mann KV, Sutton E, Frank B. Twelve tips for preparing residents as teachers. Med Teach 2007;29(4):301-6.
- Sandars J. Twelve tips for using blogs and wikis in medical education. Med Teach 2006;28(8):680-2.
- Azer SA. Twelve tips for creating trigger images for problem-based learning cases. Med Teach 2007;29(2-3):93-7.
- Azer SA. Becoming a student in PBL course: twelve tips for successful group discussion. Med Teach 2004; 26(1):12-15.
- Ramani S. Twelve tips to promote excellence in medical teaching. Med Teach 2006 Febv;28(1):19-23.
- Stinson L, Pearson D, Lucas B. Developing a learning culture: twelve tips for individuals, teams and organizations. Med Teach June 2006;28:309-312
- Ramani S, Gruppen L, Kachur EK. Twelve tips for developing effective mentors. Med Teach 2006; 28(5):404-408.
- Ramani S. Twelve tips to improve bedside teaching. Med Teach 2003; 25(2):112-115.
- Howe A. Twelve tips for community-based medical education. Med Teach 2002; 24(1):9-12.
- Reeves S, Koppel I, Barr H, Freeth D, Hammick M. Twelve tips for undertaking a systematic review. Med Teach 2002; 24(4):358-363.
- Kaufman D. Applying educational theory in practice. BMJ. 2003 25; 326: 213–216.
Podcast Active Learning
See the below link to the video. The video is not password protected. If you choose not to use this link, you can access the video by going to the CORD website and clicking on the resources menu at the top of the screen to find the Milestone Video.
The video has been posted and the link can be found here (just copy and paste into your browser): http://www.cordem.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageID=3916
TOOLBOX OF ASSESSMENT METHODS©
A Product of the Joint Initiative ACGME Outcomes Project
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
Version 1.1, September 2000
©2000 Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and American Board of Medical Specialties. The user may copy the Toolbox of Assessment Methods (Ver. 1.1–the “Toolbox”) provided he/she/it complies with the following:
- The user may not charge for copies.
- The user must include the following attribution statement prominently on each copy of the Toolbox:
©2000 ACGME and ABMS. A product of the joint initiative of the ACGME Outcome Project of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), and the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). Version 1.1, September 2000.
- The user may not modify, in whole or in part, the content of the Toolbox.