The Medical Simulation Center is an 8,000 square foot, state of the art virtual hospital located on the 4th floor of the Centennial Complex. Each of the center’s training areas are fully functional and reflect the realities encountered in actual care settings. When needed to increase the surge capacity of nearby medical facilities, the center is designed for rapid conversion to an emergency response center in the event of a disaster.
The center provides a continuum of care with a pre-hospital room, emergency room, operating room, intensive care unit, obstetric operating room, neonatal intensive care unit, hospital room, training room, and pharmacy. Retractable walls divide the training rooms and can be raised at any moment to allow for the transfer of care among medical professionals. Each simulation room is accompanied by an adjoining observation and debriefing room, complete with one way glass and large flat screen televisions which provide students and instructors with multiple angles of view of the ongoing simulation.
LLU, MSC utilizes Gaumard, METI, and Laerdal high-fidelity adult, pediatric, maternal, and newborn Manikins. The MSC also utilizes Simbionix surgical simulators.
- High-fidelity Adult Manikins (6)
- High-fidelity Pediatric Manikins (one 5yo, one 1yo, 1 infant, 2 newborns)
- High-fidelity Maternal and Neonatal Birthing Simulators (2)
- Medium-Fidelity MegaCode Kid
- Harvey Cardiac Physical Diagnosis Manikins (2)
- Low-fidelity Adult skills trainer
- Low-fidelity Pediatric skills trainer
- Low-fidelity Infant skills trainer
- Low-fidelity Neonatal task trainer
- Low-fidelity OB task trainer
- Low-Fidelity Trauma Man
- Ultrasound-guided Central Line task trainer
- Central IV Torso task trainers (4)
- CentralLineMan task trainers (2)
- Adult IV task trainers (3)
- Infant IV task trainer
- Laparoscopy surgical simulator
- Hysteroscopy surgical simulator