Application Steps for LLU's Undergraduate Training Program (UTP)
Here's what you need to do to apply to Loma Linda University's Undergraduate Training Program:
Complete and submit the UTP online application.
Submit a 3,000 characters essay answering the following questions:
- Why would you like to participate in the UTP at Loma Linda University?
- How do you anticipate that this program will help you in your future goals as a biomedical researcher?
- What are your future career plans?
- What do you see yourself doing 5 and 10 years from now?
- What do you wish to gain from this summer experience?
Transcripts and Letters of Recommendation
Submit most current college transcripts from all colleges attended and 3 letters of recommendation from professors (science, math, etc).
Mailing Address for Recommendations and Transcripts:
Summer Health Disparities Research Programs
11085 Campus Street
Loma Linda, CA 92350
Letters of recommendation may also be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as PDF ONLY.
What Happens After You Apply
- Jan 1 - March 1 - Student applies online and submits requested materials
- March - Admissions Committee reviews student applications
- April - UTP program students selected. Letters of acceptance mailed, letters sent to applicants selected for wait list, letters of regret sent to those not accepted into program
- Mid - April/early May - Students have one week to accept program offer. Wait list applicants are offered any open spots after this point.
- May - Participants selected will receive a package with the program manual and other helpful information/instructions.
- Mid - June - UTP program begins