Applying and Getting Accepted
Students interested in applying to Loma Linda University's ABC program must complete the following application steps:
Complete and submit the ABC online application online application.
Submit with your online application a 3000 character personal statement that discusses your future college and career plans, how this program would help you in the pursuit of your plans, and your commitment to serve the community. Please make a statement of commitment to complete eight-weeks of full-time hours during the summer program.
Transcripts and Recommendation Letters
Submit most current high school transcripts from all high schools attended (must be in the Inland Empire of Southern California) and three letters of recommendation preferably from high school science and math teachers and high school counselors. Letters of recommendation may be sent by email to email@example.com which case they should be received directly from the recommender's email account, on letterhead of the institution at which the recommender is employed, and should be signed and saved in PDF.
Transcripts and letters of recommendation may also be mailed to the following address:
Health Disparities Summer Research Programs
11085 Campus Street
Loma Linda, CA 92350
ABC Program Application Process
Step-by-Step from Application to Admission
There are several steps in the Loma Linda University ABC program applicant process. Here's what happens after you submit your application:
- January 1 - March 1 -- High School students apply online and submit requested materials.
- March 15- Eligible that completed their applications will be invited to interview.
- March 15/March 30 - Students RSVP to secure interview spot for the ABC Invitational.
- Early April - Each student interviews with two program mentors after a formal introductory program. Underage students must be accompanied by parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Mid-April- Admissions Committee reviews student applications with interview evaluations.
- Late April/Early May - Approximately 15 students are selected. Acceptance, alternates, and/or denial letters will be sent to the students that participated in the interview.
- Mid-May - Students have one week to accept program offer, after which the wait list applicants or alternates are offered any open slots after this point.
- Mid-June - ABC program begins.
- Early August - Program ends.